Insurance Works Privacy Statement
The privacy statement tells you how we deal with your personal information and how we collect it, use it and share it, store it and dispose of it.
We will handle tour personal information in accordance with the 2020 Privacy Act in the following ways.
we will collect and store the following personal information directly from you which is relevant in providing you with products and services you require our assistance with:
- Name, date of birth, gender, marital status, income, occupation and dependents.
- Address, phone numbers and email addresses
- Details on your assets i.e. family home, mortgages, investment properties.
- Existing insurance details
- Billing or purchase information
- IRD and ACC numbers if required
We collect your personal information to:
- Correctly identify you
- Prepare a personalised and relevant insurance recommendation
- Ammend ACC details or apply for ACC cover
- Help us understand your financial situation and provide advice on products and services
Besides our staff, we share this information with
- Life Insurers and ACC in order to accurately identify the client and obtain information required.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose to not advise relevant personal information, we will be unable to correctly protect the life assured.
We keep your information safe by storing a hard copy in locked filing cabinets and in a cloud-based storage facility that is securely protected by Acronis. Your data is password protected and we only allow key staff to access it.
If our relationsip ceases, we will keep your information for seven years, at which point we destroy it by securely eraising all digital and electronically stored information and shredding hard copy files.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or have it corrected, please contact our privacy officer, Yvonne Procter by email to [email protected], or phone 0800 444388, or write to Insurance Works, P O Box 44266, Pt Chevalier, Auckland 1246.
Talk to our insurance experts
Latest news & articles from the blog
Explore our insightful blogs to stay informed about the latest in insurance trends, tips, and advice. Discover how Insurance Works can help you navigate life’s uncertainties with confidence and peace of mind.
Jane has not had an insurance review for over...
Have you ever been to dinner with friends and...
As Kiwi’s we think of our wealth in terms of...