Yvonne Procter is a registered financial adviser and runs a licensed financial advisory business Insurance Works Ltd and Yvonne gives advice on life insurance.
Rod Kelk is a registered financial adviser and Rod is employed by Insurance Works Ltd and Rod gives advice on life insurance.
Insurance Works Ltd FSP14842 holds a transitional license issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of the advice
Insurance Works Ltd provides advice to our clients about, Medical, Income Protection, Mortgage Payment, Trauma, Total and Permanent Disablement and Life insurance.
provide financial advice about insurance products from certain providers
- For medical insurance we work with 5 providers: Accuro, AIA, NIB, PartnersLife and Southern Cross.
- For Income Protection, Mortgage Payment, Trauma, Total and Permanent Disablement and Life insurance we work with 5 providers. AIA, Asteron, Cigna, FidelityLife and PartnersLife.
Insurance Works Ltd does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to our clients.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives
For medical, income protection, mortgage payment, trauma, total and permanent disablement, and life insurance, Insurance Works Ltd receives all the commission generated by our advisers, that is paid from the insurance companies we give advice on. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Insurance Works Ltd. The amount of commission paid is based on a percentage of your annual premium.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise our client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made based on our client’s goals and circumstances.
Our financial advisers undergo annual training on how to manage conflicts of interest.
Insurance Works Ltd maintains a register for conflicts of interest, gifts and incentives received.
We undertake a compliance audit and a review of our compliance program annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0800 444388.
You can also write to us at,
P O Box 44266, Pt Chevalier, Auckland 1246.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it by following our internal complaints process.
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we cannot, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we proposed to do so.
If we cannot resolve your complaint or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Disputes Resolution Service.
Financial Disputes Resolution Service provides a free, independent disputes resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact Financial Disputes Resolution Service by emailing email@example.com or by phoning 0508 337 337 or you can also write to them at P O Box 2272, Wellington 6140.
Insurance Works Ltd and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way we give advice.
We are required to,
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice and Services, these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with capable advice.
- Meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services. These are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and in accordance with our obligations in giving you suitable advice.
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Insurance Works Ltd FSP14842 is the financial advice provider.
You can contact us at
Phone: 0800 444388 or 021 289 7887
Address: P O Box 44266, Pt Chevalier Auckland 1246